This is our comment about an amazing book, it’s Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson.
Rework is a modern book! You can find there a lot of useful notes for your bussines. This book is really easy to read. While you’re reading, your interest is growing like a rolling snowball.
We’ll show you some moments which we like best.
– Learn not from your mistakes, learn from your successes!
– Are you a workaholic? Are there any workaholics in your company? If yes, you should quit. Successful managers are getting rid of workaholic employees!
– Scratch your own itch! Solve your own problem!
– “I had the idea for eBay. If only I had acted on it, I’d be a billionaire!”. While you are sitting and doing nothing, others are getting successful!
– “There’s not enough time”. If you constantly fret about timing things perfectly, they’ll never happen.
– Do you remember why you chose this job, this business? Confidence in the business will provide you with a strong stand. A strong stand is how you attract superfans.
– You’re on hold and a recorded voice comes on telling you how much the company values you as a customer. Really? In the book, you can learn how not to be ridiculous in the eyes of your customers, and how customers can figure out whether the company will take care of them.
– There’s nothing wrong with being frugal. You need less than you think.
– The stuff you have to do is where you should begin.
– Ignore the details early on.
– Making the call is making progress.
– The core of your business should be built around things that won’t change.
– To be the best you don’t need the best equipment in the world.
– Don’t throw good time after bad work. Sometimes abandoning what you’re working on is the right move, even if you’ve already put in a lot of effort.
– Interruption is the enemy of productivity. The worst kind of Interruptions – meetings!
– The more time some business takes, the less possibly that you will finish it.
– Go to sleep!
– Long lists don’t get done!
– Competitors can never copy the YOU in your product.
– Go against conventional wisdom!
– While you aren’t famous you have a chance to make mistakes painlessly to the image. Well-known companies don’t have this privilege.
– Businessmen should not be afraid to tell everything they know.
– Don’t be afraid to show your flaws. Show the world what you’re really like.
– Marketing is not a department. Marketing is something everyone in your company is doing 24/7/365.
– No one can be above the work. You need people who are going to DO work, not delegate work.
– Clear writing is a sign of clear thinking.
– Geography just doesn’t matter anymore.
– Don’t make up problems you don’t have yet.
– A busiest person is the best employee!
– Four-letter words: must, can’t, easy, just, only, and fast. These words get in the way of healthy communication.
– Inspiration is perishable. If you want to do something, you’ve got to do it NOW. You can’t put it on a shelf and wait two months to get around to it.